Glanhwfa Road, near the edge of town, looking north
The A5114 is a short A road linking Llangefni in Anglesey to the rest of the A road network.
Beginning at junction 6 of the A55, where it also meets the A5, the A5114 turns a corner built for the junction and then heads straight, in a roughly northwards direction to Llangefni. On reaching the edge of town, there's a T-junction with left-turn slip for an Industrial Estate to the east. This is the first road met since leaving the dumbbell at the A55/A5.
The A5114 then becomes a bit less ruler-straight, with some gentle curves. There are some houses on the west side, set back from the road with hedges shielding it, and a car dealership and a petrol station on the east side. There is a 12'3" bridge under the disused railway to Amlwch - this is narrow and requires inbound traffic to give way - and the road north of here is much more urban in character. The road shortly ends at a T-junction with the one-way B5109 in the town centre, where we must turn left.
The lack of A5114 on the 7th series
The presence of the A5114 on the 1946 quarter inch
Originally the A5114 was part of the B5111. It first appears in the late 1940s; however, 7th series mapping doesn't show it, despite earlier mapping doing so.