The A5266 existed in Telford between about 1975 and 1990. It ran between Holyhead Road, the A5 (present B5061) near Priorslee, and Wellington Road, the original route of the A518 at Donnington, via Furnace Road, Stafford Street, Gower Street, St. George's Road and Wrekin Drive.
Today, it is a nondescript urban single-carriageway road, and it seems an unlikely candidate to have once been of A class status.
Originally the road south of St George's was the mainline of the A5 whilst the remainder was unclassified; this became the B5060 later in the 1920s and then that number took on the entire road in 1932 when St George's was bypassed. This became the A5266 around 1975 and the B5060 number was later recycled for a Telford New Town road to the east that is now numbered A4640.
This page includes a scan of a non-free copyrighted map, and the copyright for it is most likely held by the company or person that produced the map. It is believed that the use of a limited number of web-resolution scans qualifies as fair use under United Kingdom copyright law, where this web page is hosted, as such display does not significantly impede the right of the copyright holder to sell the copyrighted material, is not being used to generate profit in this context, and presents information that cannot be exhibited otherwise. If the copyright holder considers this is an infringement of their rights, please contact the Site Management Team to discuss further steps