A529 (Chester - Hinstock)
|Distance:||33.6 miles (54.1 km)|
|Met:||A51, A534, A49, A442, A53, A464|
|Now part of:||A5115, A41, B5395|
|Route outline (key)|
The A529 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Hinstock - Whitchurch - Chester.
Starting on the A51 in Boughton, to the east of Chester city centre, the road headed southeastwards out of town. It skirted Waverton, the last village of any size along the road for some distance. After crossing into Shropshire the road met the A49 to the north of Whitchurch and multiplexed along it through the town centre (that road's original route is now the B5476).
After regaining its number, the road passed through Prees Heath and crossed the A53 between Hodnet and Market Drayton. A few miles further on the road ended on the A464 on the northern edge of Hinstock.