|Distance:||3.2 miles (5.1 km)|
|Met (1923):||A59, A5054, A5038, A5056, A5057, A566, A567|
|Now part of:||A567|
|Route outline (key)|
The A564 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Liverpool - Litherland.
The road started on the A59 in the Everton area of Liverpool and headed north along Stanley Road. Continuing north through Kirkdale and Bootle the road soon reached Litherland, where it ended on the A567 Bridge Road.
Given that the road is reasonably short and wholly urban its road number is rarely marked on maps. As such it is not known when the A564 number became defunct. However, the whole of the road is now numbered A567.