|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Ashopton Road (SK201857)|
|To:||Snake Road (SK202864)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Now part of:||A6013, underwater|
|Route outline (key)|
The Ladybower Reservoir opened in Spetember 1945 (though it was complete from 1943), and its construction caused the A6013 to be diverted over the reservoir's eastern eastern end. The course of the road runs up to the point the modern A6013 crosses the Ladybower Viaduct, there is a gate to the right of the road and a tarmacked track leads towards the water. This is - or rather was - the A6014, which had turned off the old line of the A6013 about half a mile north of the Yorkshire Bridge Inn. The northern end of the A6014 was roughly opposite Ladybower House: this is not as easy to trace.
The route itself is still marked on OS maps at some scales, specifically the Ten-Mile Road Map of Great Britain, as late as the 1948 edition, three years after the official opening of the reservoir. It is correctly shown, however, on other scales of that period.