|Distance:||1.1 miles (1.8 km)|
|Met:||A6081, A6082, A6084|
|Now part of:||A184|
|Route outline (key)|
The A6083 was a short link road in Gateshead.
It started on the A6081 Derwentwater Road and headed east along Askew Road West to meet the A6082 south of the old Redheugh Bridge at a junction that no longer exists. Originally the A6083 ended here. However, by 1932 it had been extended east along most of Askew Road to meet the A6084 Mulgrave Terrace in Gateshead town centre.
Today, part of the road is unclassified; all of it has been replaced by the A184 that links the Newcastle Western Bypass to the Tyne Bridge.
An image has been requested for this article.