|From:||Anstruther Easter (NO564036)|
|To:||Brownhills, St Andrews (NO524152)|
|Length:||7.8 miles (12.6 km)|
|Met (1956):||B9131, A917, A921, B940, A918|
|Now part of:||B9131|
|Route outline (key)|
The A959 was a coast-to-coast road in east Fife.
Starting on the A917 south coast road on the western side of Anstruther Easter, the road headed roughly northwards. It passed no places of any note en route - but did cross a couple of classified roads and a now-gone railway line. Presently it reached the A918 (now A917) north coast road a mile or so to the east of St Andrews, where it ended.
The road was numbered B944 on classification in 1922 but was upgraded to become the A959 in the mid-1920s. A more recent road reclassification in east Fife has downgraded the A959 to Class II status once more and it is now part of the B9131.