|Location Map ( geo)|
|Crossings related to the B4380|
There are two large bridges at the site, the older of the two is wide enough for a single modern car with some room to spare and is pedestrianised, while the newer bridge, situated to the north is S2.
The Old Bridge is a grade 2* listed structure, and was designed by John Gwynne, opening in 1776. It replaced an earlier structure, which was probably a wooden bridge.
The New Bridge was built in 1929 as the old bridge was not wide enough for the levels of traffic using the A5 at the time, and is a concrete design built by L G Mouchel.
The A5 was subsequently re-routed to the north, between Telford and Shrewsbury, meaning that the bridge is now part of the B4380.