|Location Map ( geo)|
|Waterford City and County|
Avonmore Bridge is a six arch stone bridge which carries a local road over the River Blackwater in Cappoquin, County Waterford.
It was built in 1850 to replace an older wooden bridge, situated slightly further downstream on the bend of the river.
The wooden bridge was built before 1643 by Sir Richard Boyle. It was rebuilt in 1666  and is probably the bridge marked on the 1840 ed. of the OS 6-inch map which was removed in 1850. It is not visible at ground level.
- Notes on the history, antiquities, archaeoloical remains and legends connected with the western end of the county Waterford - Redmond page: 395-6
- The Shell guide to Ireland - Killanin and Duignan page: 136-7
- Irish stone bridges: history and heritage - O'Keeffe and Simington page: 215-17