|To:||Bishop's Stortford (TL487213)|
|Distance:||11.6 miles (18.7 km)|
|Met (1932):||A10, B180, A120|
|Now part of:||B1004|
|Route outline (key)|
The designation B1002 was originally allocated to the road connecting the Hertfordshire towns of Ware and Bishop's Stortford via Much Hadham.
By 1938 this route had been reclassified to become the A119. However, at some time around 1975 (just before the M11 was opened past Bishop's Stortford) it reverted to B-road status, this time with the number B1004, which it retains to this day.