|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.8 miles (2.9 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1006 is a short urban road in south Essex. It was originally unclassified but had gained its present number by 1927, making it an early example of a recycled number.
The route starts at traffic lights on the A13 in the Tarpots area of South Benfleet. It heads south along High Road, which, after a few shops, is initially residential. Presently the road bends sharply left to go through the suburb of Hope's Green, where it becomes lined with shops again.
The road, still the High Road, goes over a hill and passes more houses and more shops. Soon we reach St Mary's church and the route ends at a mini-roundabout on the B1014.