This article is about the first use of the B1026 in Colchester.
For the current route between Colchester and Heybridge, see B1026
The now-unclassified former B1026 Hythe Hill
The B1026 was first allocated to a link road running just south of Colchester town centre between what was then the A12 and the A133. It was a popular route as it avoided the dogleg through the centre that the A12 took, and consequently by 1st April, 1924, it had been upgraded to the A1070.
The road was later downgraded to the B1422 but is now mostly numbered A134.