|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Bury St Edmunds (TL852637)|
|Distance:||17.8 miles (28.6 km)|
|Met (1951):||A604, B1061, B1063, B1066, A1022, A45, A134|
|Now part of:||A143|
|Route outline (key)|
Probably in 1935, it took over the short B1067 meaning that it multiplexed with the A1022 for a short distance in the town centre before continuing along St Andrew's Street North to end on the A134 near the station.
In the 1950s the entire original section of the road was renumbered as a southern extension of the A143, reducing the B1060 to the half-mile or so that used to be the B1067. This is itself now unclassified with road upgrades in the area, making the B1060 number redundant.