B1069 (Newton - Ipswich)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||16.3 miles (26.2 km)|
|Met (1923):||A134, B1070, B1074, A12|
|Now part of:||A1071|
|Route outline (key)|
The first incarnation of the B1069 ran from the A134 near Newton, east of Sudbury, to the A12 just west of where the A45 originally ended in Ipswich. This route was, however, very quickly reclassified, becoming the A1071 on 1 April 1924, thus allowing the number to be reused further east.
More recent changes – principally the bypassing of the town of Hadleigh – have seen parts of the original route of the B1069 declassified, and the whole of the initial route east of the current A14 is now also unclassified.