|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||5.4 miles (8.7 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1080 is a relatively short B-road in southeast Suffolk. The road was originally unclassified but gained its number by the mid-1920s, making it an early example of a recycled number.
The road starts on the A137 to the east of Brantham. It heads east, crossing a small valley and then running through Stutton, where there is a right-left zigzag in the village centre. After passing a turn to Alton Water the road reaches the Royal Hospital School (transferred here from Greenwich in 1933).
After reentering open country we zigzag across the stream that forms the outflow of Alton Water and then head north through Holbrook. Less than a mile further on the road ends at a triangular junction on the B1456.