|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Bodney (W) (TL817985)|
|Distance:||26.3 miles (42.3 km)|
|Meets:||A1065, A1075, B1077, B1135, A47, A140, A147|
|Route outline (key)|
In 1922 it started on the B1105 (now A1065) at Emily's Wood, near Weeting. From there it headed northeast through West Tofts and Stanford to Threxton Hill. The central section of this road crosses Stanford Battle Area – a piece of land which has been used by the MoD for training since World War II. In the 1960s, it was deemed too dangerous to have a classified road crossing the area, so this stretch was declassified, leaving a strange gap in the overall route.
Some years later, the western end of the B1108 was moved north to Bodney (still on the A1065), to provide a continuous route once more. The present road skirts the northern end of the danger area to reach Threxton Hill, where it rejoins its original route.
At Watton the B1108 crosses the A1075 (formerly the B1110). For many years the B1077 also passed through Watton but recently it has been cut short and diverted to meet the B1108 some three miles east of the town. The B1108 continues through Hingham and Kimberley, where it crosses the preserved Mid-Norfolk Railway at a level crossing.
After Barford, the B1108 crosses the A47 Norwich bypass at a GSJ and then heads into the centre of town. It passes round two sides of the RC Cathedral before turning sharply left at a roundabout and ends on the A147 inner ring road at the next roundabout.