|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||St Martin's Road (TG224095)|
|To:||Riverside Road (TG238077)|
|Distance:||2 miles (3.2 km)|
|Met:||B1138, A147, B1150, A47, A1025|
|Now part of:||A1151, A147|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1139 was originally allocated to a route bypassing the centre of Norwich to the north and east. It was described in the 1922 Road Lists as (running clockwise) Norwich (Baker Road, Magpie Road, Bullclose Road and Riverside Road).
Bakers Road was declassified in the 1920s with the declassification of the B1138 but the rest remained until the 1960s. It was upgraded and renamed A1067 at that time to form part of the Norwich Inner Ring Road (now the A147), though that road runs on a new alignment in several places. The A1151 runs along the western section of Bull Close Road.