|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Cadogan Terrace (TQ367844)|
|To:||Chapman Road (TQ368844)|
|Via:||White Post Lane (part)|
|Distance:||0.1 miles (0.1 km)|
|Met (1923):||B114, B113|
|Route outline (key)|
As originally designated in 1922, the B116 was a very short link (all of 125 yards long) in Hackney Wick.
Connecting the B114 at Cadogan Gate, Victoria Park, to the B113 at the southern end of Chapman Road, it formed the western end of White Post Lane (it was described in the 1922 list as London (Wallis Road (part) ) - this may have been a mistake or the road name was changed very early on).
The B116 was later incorporated into the route of the A115 (Hackney Wick - Stratford) and the majority of the road has now been obliterated by the modern course of the A12 East Cross Route dual carriageway, although a footbridge still allows pedestrian passage between the two ends of the former road; the short section remaining is now Cadogan Close.
An image has been requested for this article.