|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Redgate Hill (TF678398)|
|To:||Cromer Road (TF680420)|
|Distance:||2 miles (3.2 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1161 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Loop at New Hunstanton, which still describes it perfectly (although New Hunstanton is now just called Hunstanton; what was Hunstanton to the north is now Old Hunstanton).
It starts on the A149 Redgate Hill in the southeast of the town and heads west along Oasis Way to within a block of the seafront, before turning to head north, eventually becoming the road along the seafront. Towards the north of town it bears east again to avoid the golf course, ending once again on the A149.
Although the road is in the same place as in 1922, the actual roads used have changed almost completely. Originally the B1161 followed Westgate and Greevegate, only following the coast for a very short distance along Cliff Parade. The change to the length of the road was done comparatively recently.