|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||24.3 miles (39.1 km)|
|Met:||A16, B1178, A15, B1174, B1176, A1|
|Now part of:||A151, B1193, B676|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1175 was a long B-road across southern Lincolnshire.
The road crossed the River Glen at Pinchbeck West then turned to follow the north bank of the river before crossing the South Forty Foot Drain. It continued through the bizarrely named village of Twenty before crossing Bourne North Fen and reaching Bourne, where it crossed the A15 in the centre of town, marking the end of the Fens.
Leaving Bourne to the west, the B1175 met the end of the B1174 before continuing through some small villages. It went under the East Coast Main Line before ending on the A1 in the centre of Colsterworth.
Colsterworth was bypassed to the east in the 1920s, so presumably the section of B1175 between Colsterworth and the new A1 was renumbered then as an extension of the B676. Certainly that is its number today. The section east of the A15 was upgraded to become a western extension of the A151 later in the early 1930s and the number B1175 disappeared completely in 1935 when the B676 was extended east from the A1 to the A15.
The whole of the B1175, with the exception of the small section west of the A1 Colsterworth bypass, has been numbered A151 since the early 1970s, although that road now bypasses Bourne and the old road through town is the B1193.