B1209 (Brigg - Caistor)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||9.2 miles (14.8 km)|
|Met (1923):||A15, A46|
|Now part of:||A1084|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B1209 was a rural B-road in north Lincolnshire.
The road started on the A15 (current A18) in Brigg and headed east, climbing onto the Wolds near Bigby. It followed the top of the ridge for a couple of miles before descending at Clixby and continuing along the bottom of the ridge into Caistor. The road ended in the town centre on the original line of the A46.
The road was quickly upgraded and by 1926 the route had become the A1084, which it remains.