|To:||Adwick le Street (SE542070)|
|Distance:||4.5 miles (7.2 km)|
|Meets:||A19, A638, A1|
|Route outline (key)|
The mainline of the B1220 as defined in 1922 starts on the A19 some 850 m south of Owston crossroads. From here it heads south-west into Carcroft, where it turns left at a set of traffic lights in the village centre. Crossing two railway lines in quick succession, it runs through Adwick le Street to end at a roundabout on the A638 (former A1) close to Adwick Grange.
Since some time around 1980 the road continuing straight ahead at the Carcroft traffic lights (mentioned above) has also been classified as part of the B1220. This branch passes through Skellow to end at a LILO junction (sometimes known as Five Lane Ends) on the A1 just to the north of Redhouse Interchange.