|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Harrowgate Hill (NZ294173)|
|To:||Haughton le Skerne (NZ314164)|
|Distance:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Now part of:||A1150|
|Route outline (key)|
The second incarnation of the B1256 ran to the north of Darlington. The road was originally unclassified but had come into existence by 1932 as an impromptu northern bypass of the town.
The road started on the A1 (present A167) in Harrowgate Hill and headed southeastwards along Salters Lane North over the East Coast Main Line. It wasn't long before the road reached Haughton le Skerne, where it ended on Stockton Road, the original line of the A67.
The road survived until at least the 1960s but its route, bypassing Darlington town centre, was by now deemed too important to have a Class II number and so the road was upgraded to its present number, the A1150.
An image has been requested for this article.