|Distance:||3.3 miles (5.3 km)|
|Met (1932):||A174, A176, B1272, A172, A171|
|Now part of:||A1032, B1272|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1271 was a link through the centre of Middlesbrough.
In 1922 it started on the A176 Newport Road and ran along Parliament Road and Union Street. It met the B1272 Hartington Road and then continued east along Borough Road to end on the A172 Marton Road. It was soon extended west as far as the A174 in Acklam and east a further block to meet the A171 North Ormesby Road.
In 1935, the B1271 was cut back to its original western end as the Acklam extension became the A1130 (now A1032). Later still, Parliament Street and Union Street were declassified, cutting the B1271 back further to start on the B1272, which gained a short section of our road so it remained a through route.
Further renumberings in Teesside have declassified the rest of the B1271 making the number redundant.