The B127 is a cross-country route in south County Fermanagh, one of several routes in the county to cross the Erne waterways via an intermediate island, in this case Trasna Island. The road was originally unclassified but the number came to the area in the mid-1920s.
The road starts at a mini-roundabout on the A34 Main Street in Lisnaskea and follows Castle Lane to a T-junction, where it TOTSOs right; the road to the left is the original line of the B127 back to the A34 but has been bypassed for obvious reasons.
We head south out of town along Newbridge Road then continue along a straight route across flat land. Presently the road bears right and becomes more winding. It runs down a peninsula and passes a couple of car parks before crossing the Lady Craigavon Bridge over part of Upper Lough Erne to come out on Trasna Island. After passing a couple of holiday homes we cross the Lady Brooke Bridge over another part of the lough to return to the mainland. The two bridges opened in April 1936 to replace ferry crossings used by the B127 when it was first classified.
The road now heads northwest and soon bears sharply left; the road to the right here is the original B127 and both roads bend westwards again to reach the A509 in Derrylin. The road ended here for many years but has now been extended. We therefore cross the A-road at a double mini-roundabout, after which a few bends take us on a southerly course. After passing a couple of cement quarries the road bears round to the right and ends at the border, with the R205 continuing ahead. Ballyconnell is only a short distance.