B133 (Northern Ireland)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||A25 near Newry (J065275)|
|Distance:||9.3 miles (15 km)|
|Meets:||A28, B112, A25|
|Route outline (key)|
The B133 is a link road in east County Armagh, forming an alternative to the parallel A28. The road was originally unclassified but the B133 came to the area in the late 1920s.
The road starts on the A28 to the southeast of Markethill and heads south across the fields along Bessbrook Road. We run through Mountnorris and then cross the River Cusher. After going over a ridge we descend into Enagh, where Kingsmill Road comes in from the right. That road used to be the B124 and so our road ended here. However, by 1946 that road had been abolished and so the B133 was extended along the remainder of its former route.
We therefore continue southeastwards towards the hills of the Ring of Gullion. We skirt the eastern edge of Bessbrook and the B112 heads right to the village centre. Meanwhile we continue into the western suburbs of Newry and end at a T-junction on the A25.