The road starts at the Kenninghall junction where the A1055 meets the A406 North Circular Road. It turns off the link road at traffic lights and heads north along Montagu Road. The road soon passes a recreation ground on the right and cemetery behind a wall on the left. Presently the road bears to the right to pass a small industrial estate before returning to a residential road heading north, now called Nightingale Road. The B137 continues on and bears to the left before ending at traffic lights on the A1010 Hertford Road.
The original route of the B137
The B137 did not exist on classification in 1922. The road came into being around 1930 but not on its present route. Originally the B137 started in Tottenham on the A10 (now A1010) High Road at its junction with the A109 Lordship Lane and headed east along Lansdowne Road then north along Willoughby Lane and Dysons Road to reach the North Circular Road, where it ended. It was later extended north along its present route.
However, the junction between Dysons Road and the North Circular was closed around 2000 and the road declassified to the south. This took place because the road was largely replaced by the A1055 to the east. This road's junction with the A406 also took over the southern end of Montagu Road, giving the B137 its current route.