Heading east along the now-unclassified former B138
The B138 was a short-lived road in south County Fermanagh. It was originally unclassified, gaining its number in the late 1920s, but had been declassified again by 1946.
The road started on the B37 in Bellanaleck and headed west via Arney to cross the A32 at the same place that road met the B139. Our road then continued along Blunnick Road, which was more-or-less dead straight with the exception of a zigzag over the Arney River, and passed through no further places of any size.
The 1939 OSNI Road Map (right) shows the B138 ending as it crosses the Cladagh River. However, as there is no reason for this to be the road's terminus it is assumed this is a mapping error and the road in fact continued to the border with County Cavan near Belcoo. If this is the case the western end of the road is now part of the B52.