B139 (Northern Ireland)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.8 miles (2.9 km)|
|Met:||A32, B138, A4|
|Route outline (key)|
The B139 was a short link road in south County Fermanagh, only currently known from the 1939 edition of the OSNI Road Map of Northern Ireland. Interestingly, this road did not exist on early 19th century maps. It may have been constructed at the same time as the Sligo, Leitrim and Northern Counties Railway (1879), as it served the Florencecourt Station on that line. The road was first classified in the late 1920s but was short-lived, having been declassified again by 1946.
The road started on the A32 west of Arney, at the same point it was crossed by the B138, which has also now gone. Our road headed northwest then north and soon crossed the railway line by Florencecourt station, whose building still exists. The B139 continued a short distance further north to end at a crossroads on the A4, with the road ahead unclassified.
An image has been requested for this article.
|B139 (Northern Ireland)|