|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Norwich Castle (TG232085)|
|To:||Richmond Hill (TG235076)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Met:||A11, A47, A146|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1413 was a short link road in the centre of Norwich. The road was originally the northern end of the A146; however, owing to the short length of the road its history is not well-known. The 1938 OS large scale sheets show the A146 in its later position, but the former route is not numbered. It is the early 1950s before the B1413 number is shown, however, this doesn't mean that the road was numbered that late. Certainly the road is now unclassified.
The road began on the A11 Castle Meadow at that road's junction with the A47 Bank Plain. It headed south along Market Avenue, with the castle out-of-sight behind the buildings on the right. The road then continued onto Golden Ball Street before bearing left into Ber Street. This was followed into the suburbs and the B1413 ended on the A146 (present A147 Bracondale in the Richmond Hill area of town.