The B1454 was formerly the westernmost section of the A1067 from Heacham to Norwich. The latter road today begins at Fakenham. However, the original number of the road was the B1154, echoing today's number.
The road starts on the A149 coast road on the eastern side of Heacham. It heads east to pass through Sedgeford and reach Docking, where the B1153 multiplexes with it through the village centre. After crossing Docking Common the road passes Barmer before running onto Syderstone Common.
In the early 1940s the route was closed to allow the construction of RAF Sculthorpe (1943-1992). The diverted route of 1960 crosses Syderstone Common, bypassing Syderstone village, and reaches the A148 (which was also diverted at the same time) at a point 2.2 km SW of the original junction, which now lies beneath the airfield. However, all of that happened before the road became the B1454.