The route starts at the former J22 of the A14, now A141 (although before the road gained Class II status this was a T-junction) and heads east into Brampton. This initial section of road was actually numbered A604 for many years and only became the A141 when the A604 was moved onto the bypass that is now the A1307.
In the centre of Brampton we reach a roundabout from where a spur of the B1514 heads south past RAF Brampton to end at a grade-separated junction (GSJ) on the A1; this section of road was originally the A1021 and became the A141 in 1935. Meanwhile the mainline of the B1514 continues east across fields and over the Alconbury Brook. There's then a GSJ with an unclassified road to the hospital, after which we go simultaneously under the former A14 and over the East Coast Main Line.
On the far side of the bridge we reach traffic lights, where a spur of the B1044 bears left to bypass the town centre, whilst we continue ahead to reach the ring road at traffic lights. The entire ring road is numbered B1514; confusingly it is partly one-way (clockwise) and partly two-way, with a contraflow bus lane. The B1044 is met at the northern and southern ends whilst the B1514 extricates itself towards the east.
We now continue northeastwards out of town along Hartford Road, which roughly follows the River Great Ouse. After going through the suburb of Hartford a roundabout is reached, where we meet the A1123 and the A141 regains its pre-bypass route.