B155 (Westbury Avenue)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Turnpike Lane Station (TQ313897)|
|To:||Lordship Lane (TQ320905)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Met:||A105, A504, A109|
|Now part of:||A1080|
|Route outline (key)|
The B155 was a short B-road in north London. Unclassified in 1922 the road gained the B155 number in the mid-1920s, making it an early example of a recycled number. In the 1970s the road was renumbered as part of the A1080 and the B155 was moved close by.
The road started on the A105 Wood Green High Road where it met the A504 Turnpike Lane. Turnpike Lane tube station was built at this crossroads in 1932, thus post-dating the B155 by a few years. The road headed northeastwards along Westbury Avenue, crossing the now-gone Palace Gates Line before ending on the A109 Lordship Lane. This northernmost section of Westbury Avenue is now one-way southbound.