B166 (Northern Ireland)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||10.1 miles (16.3 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B166 was a short-lived road in west County Tyrone. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in the late 1920s. However, it had been declassified again by 1946.
The road started on the now-unclassified B50 Kilclean Road in the centre of Castlederg and headed west out of town along Killeter Road. It followed the River Derg upstream and shortly crossed a tributary, the Mournebeg, before turning left at a crossroads to cross the Derg and enter Killeter. On the far side of the river the road turned right to run through the settlement then continued upstream, passing to the north of Church Hill. Presently the road started to head south along Shannaghy Road and climbed out of the valley into the hills. The road crossed a couple of streams before climbing the valley of one of them. After going over a watershed the road ended at another stream crossing at the County Donegal border.
The road ahead was the L16. However, this road crossed the border a few more times on its journey to Pettigo. It is not known whether those sections of road in County Fermanagh were also designated as part of the B166.
|B166 (Northern Ireland)|