|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||West Gate (TR146580)|
|To:||Military Road (TR151581)|
|Via:||Pound Lane, St Radigund's Street|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.7 km)|
|Met (1991):||A290, A28|
|Route outline (key)|
The B2043 was established in 1922 as a short connection in Canterbury.
The road ran along Pound Lane and St Radigund's Street between the original city-centre routes of the A2 (at this point now renumbered A290) and A28 from, respectively, the southeastern end of St Dunstan's Street (by the West Gate) to the southwestern end of Northgate. This itinerary was later extended by 180 m along Broad Street when the A28 was diverted to follow Military Road. The entire route is now unclassified.