|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Elwick Road (TR007426)|
|To:||High Street (TR008428)|
|Distance:||0.1 miles (0.2 km)|
|Met (1956):||B2074, A20|
|Route outline (key)|
The B2073 was originally allocated to Bank Street in Ashford, which, along with the eastern section of the B2074, provided a shortcut for traffic from the station to the town centre where it met the A20 (later A292 following the completion of the Ashford Bypass). Indeed, local buses still use most of this route.
After the construction of the A292 Ashford Ring Road in 1973 the B2073 was downgraded.