|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.3 miles (3.7 km)|
|Met:||A23, B2137, A259|
|Route outline (key)|
The B2118 used to be a road running parallel to the seafront in Brighton, albeit a short distance inland. However since 2005 is has been renumbered as an extension to the B2066 due to widening and realignment of the A23 North of Brighton and Hove.
The B2118 used to start on the A23 Old Steine just to the north of the Palace Pier. It headed east along St James's Street before zigzagging into St George's Road. At the end of this road is a T-junction where the B2118 used to TOTSOs left then right to cross Eaton Place. A left turn onto Rock Street follows before Eastern Road is reached.
The B2118 crossed Eastern Road at another staggered crossroads. One block north it TOTSOs right into Bristol Gardens then reaches Arundel Road at a mini-roundabout. This was the original 1922 eastern terminus of the B2118, where it ended on the A259. However, that road was moved closer to the sea before World War II. Arundel Road is now the B2137 and the B2118 continues on along the ex-A259.
After a set of traffic lights, the B2118 continued east along Roedean Road for about half a mile. The road ended on the eastern edge of town on the current route of the A259, named Marine Drive.