|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Portslade by Sea (TQ262054)|
|Distance:||0.8 miles (1.3 km)|
|Now part of:||B2194, B2193|
|Route outline (key)|
The B2125's original use was a short road from Portslade by Sea to Portslade in south Sussex.
The rad started on the A277, where that road had to TOTSO. It headed north along a road with two names: the western side is in Portslade and called Station Road; the eastern side is in Hove and called Boundary Road.
Eventually the railway line was reached adjacent to Portslade station. This was crossed at a level crossing and then the B2125 turned left along a road called Victoria Road (on both sides). At the end of this road the B2125 turned right again onto Trafalgar Road, ending soon afterwards on the A27.
The importance of this route was obvious from the beginning and so the B2125 was quickly upgraded to the A293 on 1st April, 1924.
However, the ex-B2125 has since been downgraded again. In the 1960s, the A293 was rerouted along the full length of Trafalgar Road, leaving Victoria Road and Station/Boundary Roads as the B2194. Later still Trafalgar Road was itself downgraded to become the B2193.