This article is about the original B2159 in Chatham.
For the current B2159 in Hastings, see B2159
The B2159 was created around 1925 as a means of cutting the corner between the A2 and the A231 in the centre of Chatham.
The road started on the A2 High Street and followed Medway Street to end on the A231 Globe Lane less than a quarter of a mile later.
Due to pedestrianisation of Chatham High Street and subsequent diversion of through routes, the road later became part of the A2 one-way system but the road is now unclassified.