|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||North Mundham (SU869025)|
|To:||Bognor Regis (SZ935999)|
|Distance:||6.1 miles (9.8 km)|
|Meets:||B2145, A29, A259|
|Route outline (key)|
The B2166 is a semi-rural B-road in south Sussex. The road came into existence in the mid-1920s as a short link in Bognor Regis and was then extended west in 1935 to give the road its current route as an alternative to the A259.
The road starts at a roundabout on the B2145 a short distance south of the A27 Chichester bypass and heads east, quickly passing through North Mundham then Runcton before reaching open country. There's a TOTSO left by the Royal Oak pub and then we continue across the fields to reach a roundabout on the edge of Bognor Regis.
We zigzag through the suburbs to a mini-roundabout on the sea front, marking the original western end of the B2166; it originally started on an unclassified road. Here we turn left into West Street and the road then TOTSOs left again into Argyle Road. West Street continues round to the right and this used to be the B2166; the road continued along the High Street, met the A29 London Road and continued on to the A259.
The present B2166 continues north along Canada Grove to the station then detours at seemingly the last minute to pass to the left of the building and follows the railway line to a sharp left-hand bend just before the end of the road at a roundabout on the A259.