The B2226 was a short link road in the Sussex town of Midhurst. Originally unclassified, it had gained its number by 1946. However, road improvements in the town in the 1980s moved the A286 onto the route.
Starting in the town centre the road headed southwest along Bepton Road then sharply left onto New Road. After passing the station, which no longer exists, the road ended on the A286 which had followed a more direct route from the town centre along Chichester Road, which is now signed with a width restriction.