|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Crystal Palace (TQ335707)|
|Via:||Upper Norwood, Selhurst|
|Distance:||3.5 miles (5.6 km)|
|Met:||A212, A214, A215, A213, B267, A235, A236|
|Now part of:||A212|
|Route outline (key)|
The B231 was the road south of Crystal Palace as far as Croydon.
It started on the A214 as the southern continuation of the A212 on the edge of Crystal Palace Park. It headed south, crossing the A215 at a staggered junction in Upper Norwood. It continued south through Selhurst and into Croydon where it ended on the A236 at Reeves Corner in the centre of town.
In 1935 it was renumbered as an extension of the A212, which it remains, except for the centre of Croydon which is now bypassed.