The B2500 links the A226 to the A296 on the eastern side of Dartford. Part of the Kentish Watling Street, the road still bears that name and, appropriately enough for a Roman road, is Dartford's straightest.
Starting at a roundabout built in the mid 1990s to replace a busy crossroads at its junction with The Brent, the B2500 traverses a chiefly residential area. However, immediately after crossing the A282 which passes beneath the road in a cutting, we pass on the right Dartford's main cemetery, the town's fire station, and an area of light industrial units.
On the left-hand side of the road the housing is now continuous, Dartford FC having been obliged by a financial crisis in 1992 to vacate its former Watling Street ground and sell it for residential redevelopment.
Finally, we arrive at the junction with the A296. Formerly a simple traffic-light-controlled junction, the junction is now a pinched roundabout that was built in 1998 in conjunction with the development of the Bluewater shopping centre.
The B2500 was originally the proposed route of the A2
In 1922, the road was technically unclassified, but was planned to become part of the A2 (which had a gap in its original route for this purpose) after Watling Street was upgraded in the same year. Whilst there is presently no evidence either way, it is suspected that this plan was carried out. However, the A2 was almost immediately diverted onto the Dartford Bypass when it opened in 1924, and this road ended up with the A296 number instead.
Since then the road has been renumbered several times, variously as the A226. After a few years in the 1970s as the B2200 the road gained its present number; the route not changing at all.