This article is about the original B274 in Mitcham.
For the current B274 in Croydon, see B274
The B274 was a short road to the east of Mitcham town centre.
It started on the A236 Commonside West and headed south. The description of the B274 in the 1922 Road Lists is Mitcham (Madeira Road) but looking at a map such as the one on the right suggests that it only followed a short section of this road before turning into what is now King George VI Avenue (although of course the road could not have had that name in 1922). Crossing Cranmer Green, the B274 ended at the other end of the road on the then-B273.
The B274 number is now redundant in the area. Some maps show Madeira Road to be a spur of the A239 whereas others believe it to be unclassified. King George VI Avenue is closed to through traffic and seems to be a linear car park.