|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Clarence Street (TQ181693)|
|To:||Surbiton Road (TQ180681)|
|Distance:||0.9 miles (1.4 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B285 was a short link road south of Kingston upon Thames town centre.
It started on the A3 (later A308) Clarence Street and headed south along Knight's Park onto Springfield Road. It then zigzagged onto Fassett Road, turned right at the end into Beaufort Road and ended on the A240 Surbiton Road.
The B285 was short-lived. In the mid-1920s (presumably round the same time as the opening of the A3 Kingston bypass in 1927) it was renumbered B3363. It retained this number for much longer (although Fassett Road was later replaced by Beaufort Road) but the entire of the ex-B285 is now unclassified. The bridge on Springfield Road across the Hogsmill River is now closed to traffic.