B3104 (Wedmore - Glastonbury)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||8.7 miles (14 km)|
|Met (1932):||B3139, A361|
|Now part of:||B3151|
|Route outline (key)|
The B3104 was a largely rural B-road in central Somerset. The road was originally unclassified but was an early example of a recycled number, gaining its number in the mid-1920s. However, the number was short-lived.
In the 1920s there weren't too many B-road numbers allocated which multiplexed with other routes. This may have been to stop them being used as through routes, but was obviously later seen as an error as many were renumbered in 1935. The B3104 and B3136 to the north are a case in point, as they were absorbed by the B3151.
Starting on the B3139 in Wedmore, the road quickly left the village, crossing Mudgley Hill to drop onto the Somerset Levels, where it remained as it passed through Westhay and Meare all the way to Glastonbury. It would have entered the town on Northload Street to terminate on the A361 (later the A39) in the town centre.