|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||South Molton (SS713258)|
|To:||Fortescue Cross (SS662171)|
|Distance:||8.8 miles (14.2 km)|
|Met (1934):||A373, A377|
|Now part of:||B3226|
|Route outline (key)|
The B3228 was the original number of the road connecting South Molton with its railway station on the Barnstaple to Exeter line, South Molton Road station (now Kings Nympton). It was renumbered as a southern extension of the B3226 in 1935, which it remains.
Starting on the A373 (renumbered A361 in 1935 and now bypassed) in South Molton the B3228 left town along South Street before heading west to Clapworthy, where it crossed the River Bray. It then followed the valley downstream for the remainder of its route. The Bray soon flowed into the Mole and the latter river was then followed as far as the end of the road on the A377, in the valley of the River Taw.