|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||4.5 miles (7.2 km)|
|Met (1932):||A39, B3287|
|Now part of:||A390, A3078|
|Route outline (key)|
The B3288 was a short link road east of Truro.
It started on the A39 east of Tresilian and ended on the B3287 in Tregony. It passed through no places en route and, other than at the start and finish, met no other classified roads. To enter Tregony it made a long detour via Smithdowns Wood to avoid a steep hill. This detour was in itself a later addition; in 1922 it went straight over the shorter route via the steep hill but was diverted in the early 1930s.
In 1935 the entire road was upgraded to become part of the A3078, which had its southern end in St Mawes. Later still, the A390 Probus bypass took over the route of the western section of the ex-B3288.