|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1 miles (1.6 km)|
|Met (1956):||A333, A34, A33|
|Route outline (key)|
The B3386 was a short B-road to the south of Winchester. Originally unclassified, it got its number in the mid-1930s. Following construction of the M3 in the 1990s the road was downgraded again as it no longer connected to a classified road at its western end.
The road started on the A333 (present B3335) in Twyford and headed west out of the village. It crossed two branches of the River Itchen, with a reasonably large island in between where it passed Shawford House. The road then entered Shawford itself. After going under the railway line by the station the road passed Shawford Down to end on the A33. Originally that was the only road here but that road was later moved onto the new Winchester bypass which rejoined the old route at this spot; the old road to the north became an extension of the A34. Now the M3 runs through the area and the junction has changed beyond recognition.