|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Cross Hands (SP131359)|
|Distance:||5.4 miles (8.7 km)|
|Meets:||A44, B4035, B4632|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4081 is a short rural B-road in the Cotswolds.
It starts on the A44 at the Cross Hands junction to the southeast of Broadway. The junction is presumably named after the old fingerpost (with actual wooden pointing fingers) by the crossroads.
The road begins by heading northeast before descending the steep Westington Hill into Chipping Campden. The road TOTSOs right to go along the High Street before meeting the B4035 (which itself TOTSOs here) at the other end. This road, however, is one-way, carrying traffic into the village; the next road east is for outbound traffic on the B4035.
Originally the B4081 ended here. However, in 1935 it was extended further north. There is now, therefore, a short multiplex along the B4035 out of the village before the B4081 turns right to regain its number. It heads northeast for a couple of miles, crossing the Cotswold Line en route, to reach the village of Mickleton. It ends here at a mini-roundabout on the B4632 (ex-A46).